We are looking forward to our Rachel's Challenge school and community events this Thursday. All students will experience an assembly and 100 students will participate in a Rachel's Challenge Leadership event in the afternoon.
As we prepare for this evening, you might consider using some of these pre-event discussion questions to prompt conversations between you and your student(s):
- What would you consider a bully to be and why?
- Do you think those that bully always realize they are bullying?
- Why do you think people bully others?
- What are some of the cliques at school? How does these cliques affect the school? Are these cliques positive or negative influences?
- What are one or two activities you and Hixson Middle School could do that would make the biggest impact on improving the culture at school?
The assembly and training has the potential to be emotional for students and staff. We hope you can find some time to incorporate these questions into your family conversations. Click here to catch another glimpse of Rachel's story.