Good Morning Hixson Parents and Friends,
Remember, Hixson Open House is this Thursday, August 20th!
Open House Schedule and Information:
Thursday, 8/20 6:26-8:15
During our middle school open house, parents will have the opportunity to "live" a sample version of their child's daily schedule. Please remember to visit our PTO table in the main entrance!!! Thank you PTO! Student schedules will be disseminated for open house through the following methods:
- Parent portal access to SIS. Parents are able to view and print student schedules via the portal in the SIS system
- Students can copy their schedules into their student handbook planners for parent use, or write a copy for their parents
- If you do not have your child's schedule from the parent portal or your student, back-up copies of schedules will be available at the main entrance of the school at 6:00 pm before open house begins at 6:30.
- We anticipate most parents having the schedule ahead of time, so back- up schedule lines should not be too long.
Hixson Open House Schedule:
6:00- lines begin for back-up schedules (if needed)
6:26- Use your child's schedule to navigate your way to his/her 1st hour class
6:30-6:45- 1st hour- you will hear a message from our Superintendent, Dr. Riss and the Hixson principals. The remainder of the 10 minutes will be used for learning all about your child's first hour class.
6:49-6:59- 2nd hour
7:03-7:13- 3rd hour
7:17-7:27- 4th hour
7:31-7:41- 5th hour
7:45- 7:55- 6th hour
7:59- 8:09- 7th hour
Special Open House Notes:
- If your child's schedule has PE/Discovery listed, please report to PE and not Discovery. Your child's team teachers will be able to give you a brief overview of Discovery time.
- If your child has GEMS listed on his/her schedule, please report to GEMS with Mrs. Gavin in the cafeteria before open house begins
- 5:30-6:00 pm 7th grade GEMS parents
- 6:00-6:20 pm 8th grade GEMS parents
- If your child is in GFA, please make sure to visit with Mrs. Stewart, our GFA teacher