Dear Hixson Families,

As some of you may know, I am expecting a baby girl this fall! As I plan for the new school year, I would like to inform you that the district has hired Dr. Pam Retzlaff as substitute principal for me while I am out on leave with the baby. Many of you are familiar with Dr. Retzlaff, who retired as principal at Edgar Road Elementary School. Her presence will ensure continuity for our administrative team as well as students, parents, and staff in our Hixson community.

For the past two weeks, Drs. Retzlaff, Roberts, Vogt, and I have worked closely to transition leadership. It is now time for me to take leave and care for myself and my baby. Therefore, if you have questions or concerns, please direct them to either Dr. Retzlaff, Dr. Roberts or Dr. Vogt. I am confident that our work together will result in a seamless transition as we begin the school year.

Thank you for your continued support. I look forward to working with you upon my return.

Sincerely,

Dr. Stacie Smith